Sadowsky MetroLine instruments are manufactured under exclusive license in a climate-neutral production in Germany. To achieve the light weight typical of Sadowsky basses, tonewoods are selected by hand so that all models only weigh 8.9 pounds or less.
High-quality features include many of the design improvements Roger Sadowsky introduced for more comfortable playing, as for example sleek undersized bodies. Combined with hum-cancelling pickups and the luthier’s signature active electronics, this leads to the superior Sadowsky tone – characterized by high definition, powerful presence, and super sweetness.
Roger Sadowsky's goal was always to further improve an already very successful bass design by making a number of detailed improvements. Along with the electronics, which he developed by himself, he succeeded to raise the well-known J/J bass sound to a new level, so today you can speak of a typical Sadowsky tone: Never harsh or shrill sounding, with strong, powerful but never muddy bass, with present, but not too aggressive mids, and a sweet and airy treble range.
All features of this modern bass sound can also be found in the 21-Fret Vintage J/J basses of the MetroLine series made exclusively in Germany. All basses are lightweighted with approximately 8.9 lbs (4.0 kg). A good choice for bass players who are looking for a lightweight solution for the stage in addition to a modern bass sound.
Special features of the Vintage J/J basses of this series are the active electronics with true bypass, Vintage Tone Control, treble and bass boost, ultralight Sadowsky tuners and the special Sadowsky bridge for quick string release. This 4-string bass in sleek undersized J-Style shaped red alder body comes in Solid Candy Apple Red Metallic High Polish finish.
Sadowsky MetroLine 21-Fret Vintage J/J Bass
- Right-hand version
- 4-string electric bass
- 34" (864 mm) long scale
- Bolt-on construction
- American Red Alder body
- Maple neck
- Morado fingerboard
- 12" fingerboard radius
- Sadowsky Just-A-Nut III nut
- 1.5" (38.5 mm) nut width
- 21 nickel silver frets (width: 0.094" (2.4 mm) / height: 0.051" (1.3 mm))
- Passive Sadowsky hum-cancelling J-Style pickup (neck)
- Passive Sadowsky hum-cancelling J-Style pickup in 60s position (bridge)
- Active Sadowsky 2-way electronics (bass and treble boost) with Vintage Tone Control (VTC)
- Controls for Volume / Balance / Vintage Tone Control (P/P) / Treble and Bass (stacked)
- Push/pull function at VTC knob for preamp bypass
- Sadowsky Light machine heads with open gear
- Sadowsky S-security locks
- Sadowsky bridge with quick string release
- Chrome hardware
- Sadowsky Blue Label 045 - 105 strings
- Solid Candy Apple Red Metallic High Polish finish
- Parchment pickguard
- Weight 8.9 lbs
- Includes hex key tools and individual Certificate of Authenticity
- Includes Sadowsky Portabag (SAC BAG BASS PORTA)
- Made in Germany