Sadowsky MetroExpress instruments are manufactured under exclusive license and continuing quality control in China. The declared goal in cooperation with the high-end luthier is to build the best basses at this price and thus give more players than ever before access to a genuine Sadowsky bass – no matter if they are looking for a classically designed 4-string or 5-string.
For ergonomic light weight, the preferred tonewood pairing is Okoume bodies with Maple necks. Alongside many other high-quality features, especially the original Sadowsky Preamp with four controls and plenty of boost produces that versatile sound known for sitting so well in the mix.
Roger Sadowsky's goal was always to further improve an already very successful bass design by making a number of detailed improvements. Along with the electronics, which he developed by himself, he succeeded to raise the well-known P/J bass sound to a new level, so today you can speak of a typical Sadowsky tone: Never harsh or shrill sounding, with strong, powerful but never muddy bass, with present, but not too aggressive mids, and a sweet and airy treble range.
All features of this modern bass sound can also be found in the 21-Fret Hybrid P/J basses of the MetroExpress series. All basses are lightweight with max. 9.5 lbs (4.3 kg). A good choice for bass players who are looking for a lightweight solution for the stage in addition to a modern bass sound.
This version of the Sadowsky Hybrid P/J Bass features a Solid Sage Green Metallic High Polish finish, a parchment pickguard and a fingerboard made of Morado – also known as Pau Ferro. Sadowsky MetroExpress 21-Fret Hybrid P/J Bass
- Right-hand version
- 4-string electric bass
- 34" (864 mm) long scale
- Bolt-on construction
- Okume body
- Maple neck
- Morado (Pau Ferro) fingerboard
- 12" fingerboard radius
- Sadowsky Just-A-Nut III nut
- 1.5" (38.5 mm) nut width
- 21 nickel silver frets (width: 0.094" (2.4 mm) / height: 0.051" (1.3 mm))
- Passive Sadowsky P-Style pickup (neck)
- Passive Sadowsky J-Style pickup (bridge)
- Active Sadowsky 2-way electronics
- Controls for Volume / Balance / Treble / Bass
- Sadowsky Light machine heads with open gear
- String spacing 2.36" (60 mm)
- Sadowsky S-style security locks
- Sadowsky bridge with quick string release
- Chrome hardware
- Stainless steel 045 - 105 strings
- Solid Sage Green Metallic High Polish finish
- Weight max. 9.5 lbs (4.3 kg)
- Includes hex key tools
- Includes Sadowsky Portabag (SAC BAG BASS PORTA) Gig Bag