Tech 21 SansAmp Geddy Lee Signature Model GED-2112 Rackmount
“The GED-2112 is really a continuation of my long-time approach to bass tone. A ‘deep clean’ tone coupled with an ‘edgy crunch’ I get from the SansAmp RPM now all in one box. With selectable A/B inputs, and separate balanced and unbalanced direct outputs, this box is the foundation for great bass tone in any setup. Plus it’s GREEN!” – GEDDY LEE
Geddy Lee has been performing without onstage amps and speakers since the Test for Echo Tour in 1996, favoring major household appliances instead. Known for using a variety of gear to create interesting layered tones, Geddy has included the SansAmp RBI and/or the SansAmp RPM in his rig since 2001.
Wanting to streamline and simplify his gear for new projects, Geddy partnered with Tech 21 to design a signature SansAmp, the GED-2112. This challenging collaboration involved distilling a rackload of equipment into a single rackspace.
It resulted in a new format for Parallel Pre-Amping — having two separate internal pre-amps that run in parallel. The Drive pre-amp section is based upon the versatile SansAmp RPM, for a wide range of sonic possibilities.
The Deep pre-amp section offers low end boost for thick, meaty tones. Saturation goes from clean in lower settings to increased harmonics and tube-like compression in higher settings. To keep things lean and efficient, the EQ curve is pre-set to Geddy’s personal specs.
You can use either section independently or blend them externally direct to a mixing board as well as to two amplifiers. Unconventional? Unorthodox? Unique? You betcha.
- Dual, all-analog SansAmp circuits
- Drive control for gain and overdrive
- Blend to adjust the ratio of SansAmp tube amp emulation and your direct signal
- Sweepable semi-parametric EQ, 170 Hz to 3.0 kHz, cut/boost 12dB
- Saturation for low-end beef and separate Level control
- Deep pre-amp has dedicated ¼-inch and XLR direct outputs
- Effect Loop with Mix 50/50 switch
- Tuner output
- Uneffected ¼-inch output
- Front panel A/B switching to have 2 basses ready to go; dual rear inputs with -20dB input pads
Search terms: ged2112, geddy lee, sansamp, rush, tech21, tech21nyc Common misspellings: gedy, gedylee, getty, gettylee